Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Here We Go Again.....


Here we go again.....

The boys have started another 36 sessions of Brain Balance.  Most of you probably just "sighed" and maybe felt a little sorry for us.  Don't!

I am excited!  Why? The answer is simple....after seeing how far our boys came in just 3 months, I can't wait to see what the next 3 months will bring.  How can this be a bad thing?

Trust me I am well aware of the HARD work that we have in front of us for the next 3 months, but at least I don't have to start over with the diet.  Ha, Ha!

Here is the deal....the boys made AMAZING advances, but aren't quite there yet.  They still have some of their primitive reflexes which are affecting their daily lives.  Nathan is still struggling with smells, math, and comprehension.  R.D. is still struggling with a few things as well.  But why oh why would we quit now!  We told the boys it would be like climbing Mt. Everest and stopping just short of the top.  They have come so far that we can't stop now!

One big change is that Nathan's brain has basically strengthened on the right side, but it has now exposed how delayed his left brain is.  So we now have a "left brain" delay to work with.  This means different music, different smells, different eye patch and different activities.  We were rockin' the right brain delay stuff, and now R.D. and Nathan can't be in the same room to do their exercises.  Neither one of them is supposed to listen to the others music.  I consider this my "challenge" for this round of Brain Balance Sessions.  I am pretty comfortable with the diet now and we are reintroducing foods, so everything in that department is awesome.  But now I have to remember to make Nathan stimulate his left brain.....exact opposite of everything we've done for the last 3 months and opposite of what R.D. will be doing.  Challenge accepted!

It works if you work the program....I will keep saying this.  If you are considering Brain Balance, do it! Just make sure you are ready to make your child and this program your TOP priority.  We have seen results and they have amazed us.  We wouldn't have signed up, paid for, and committed to another 3 months if the results we saw weren't worth it.  The totally amazing little boys that I knew were in there, are starting to shine!  I honestly can't talk to people about our experience without shedding some tears...it is an emotional journey for us. 

I am just hoping that working with a "right brain delay" and a "left brain delay" will balance out my brain a little.....

No comments:

Post a Comment