Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just Cruisin'....



I feel like we have set the cruise control and our sailing down the highway at a comfortable rate of speed.  We have a system and it seems to be working for now.  The first week of Brain Balance sessions went great. The boys absolutely love going.

Our schedule seems to flow nicely and we seem to handle the few bumps in the road that have come up.  I still haven't found a bread recipe, but the boys don't ask anymore.  The new favorite at this house is sweet potato fries and homemade ketchup.  Yep, homemade ketchup.  I didn't like that the ketchup I was buying at Natural Grocers didn't list the spices.  Knowing that RD has a lot of spice intolerance, I decided to find my own.  I searched the internet and found a recipe that had ingredients that were on the "yes" list.  I found the recipe at www.thetolerantvegan.com.  Nathan, Chris and I all like the recipe.  Of course, RD does not.  I am trying a new recipe for him today.  Keeping my fingers crossed that he will like it.  Actually, the new one has less ingredients and takes less time to make.

I have started reading Dr. Robert Melillo's book "Reconnected Kids".  Dr. Melillo is the co-creator of the Brain Balance Centers.  This book is amazing! I am learning so much.  When we started Brain Balance everyone would reference it as if I knew what they were talking about.  After admitting I hadn't read it yet, they would encourage me to get it.  I finally bought a copy at the center on Saturday and began reading, while the boys did their sessions.  I am learning so much more!  This Brain Balance journey has only just begun. Dr. Melillo has 2 books....the first one is "Disconnected Kids".  This one gives you a way at home to test your own kid to see if they are right or left brain delayed.  He also gives you exercises that you could begin at home, that are like those they do at the center.  Definitely worth a read!  The second book is "Reconnected Kids" and is designed for those that are in the center or who have read his first book. Buy both of them!  They were $12 a piece at Brain Balance and I am sure you can pick them up online or at other retailers.

If you have been following my blog and are curious about your own children.....start with the books.  You'll be out $25-$30 at the most, but I believe you will have answers that are priceless.  Answers that I think every parent needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment